SPECIAL FORCES ASSOCIATION
“Devil’s Brigade Chapter”, was re-chartered February 9, 2002. The Montana Chapter is one of 86 Chapters around the world and has 165 members. The Special Forces Association is a 501(c)(19) Non-Profit Veteran Service Organization. All donations and/or contributions are tax-deductible.
The Hallmark of our activities are the “respites” for operators/soldiers and their families which we provide for active duty Special Operations units. We have four events which are held annually, all of them have a similar theme and purpose “the soldier and his family”. Many of the men and women, who are selected by their units to attend, have been decorated for Valor and received Purple Heart awards, for wounds suffered in combat. We always embed Chapter members in these activists to promote “old guy new guy” camaraderie.
DEVIL'S BRIGADE HISTORY
The Devil’s Brigade (also called The Black Devils and The Black Devils’ Brigade and Freddie’s Freighters, officially the 1st Special Service Force), was an elite, joint World War II American-Canadian commando unit organized in 1942 and trained at Fort William Henry Harrison near Helena, Montana in the United States. The brigade fought in the Aleutian Islands, Italy, and southern France before being disbanded in December 1944. The modern American and Canadian special operations forces trace their heritage to this unit. The Devil’s Brigade was known for their stealth and skill with the V-42 dagger which is central to the Special Forces Regimental Crest “Flash” worn on the Green Beret by Special Forces Soldiers.